Saturday, February 23, 2013

Family Visit

So, as most of you know, I was married to a very nice man named Mooraly from Malaysia. Our marriage didn't work very well, but thankfully we are still friends. And VERY thankfully, I am still friends with his very wonderful family, many of whom I have been fortunate to see during this week in Singapore and Malaysia.

These are Moo's aunt and uncle, Kamila Attay and Raja Mama. We went to a funky Indian restaurant located in a house that served amazing food on the traditional banana leaves.

This is their daughter, Gayatri, who I first met when she was 6, with her son, Ishaan. Both so dear -

And this is their son, Ganesh, who was 5 when I came on the scene, and his girlfriend Kristen on the left, and cousin Vaishnavi, whose room we borrowed (thanks, V!).

Valerie, sister-in-law, who my father will always love because she served macaroni and cheese and meatloaf when he visited Malaysia 25 years ago (not a food adventurer, my dad!). So good to see her!

Cousins Darshini, Ishaan, and Vaishnavi. Could they be any cuter??!

Vaishnavi is a blue belt in Tae Kwon do!!

Darshini...a princess dancer!

Moo's mom and the boys.

Lovely sister-in-law, Shireen, who put us up and put up with us.

And Ravi, Moo's younger brother, and Shireen's husband.

I am very, very lucky.

On to Burma...

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful family, lovely times, and good descriptive photos...I am very happy that you were able to re-connect with this part of your family!! You and John look like you are enjoying the climate! Be well and thanks for the update. Can't wait to hear about Burma.
    W

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet to see photos of you both with Moo's family - The temples of Burma are amazing - a sea of temples. Hope you had a great day yesterday John!!! Barb and I celebrated her and your birthdays yesterday after I came home from a 3-day meditation retreat. Big hugs to you both and much love from MN.

    ReplyDelete