Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hong Kong for a Minute


After a 15-hour flight, we are in Hong Kong for a two-hour layover before the final 5-hour haul to singapore. Our seat mate on the flight, Joe,  who lives in Boston, is originally from Hong Kong, but went to college at Indiana University where I went - same years, too! He lived in Wright Quad.

Met yet another person on the flight from Bloomington (where IU is) - Dwight Worker, a retired professor from IU. Worked for IBM, then taught for ten years. He has a farm west of Bloomington. He is headed to China to bike to a former student's wedding in Chongching which is at the end of March, then to see the Three Gorges Dam. 

Had my first conversation in Chinese with two kids who showed me where I could charge up my iPad. The two of them had two phones and a tablet between them.

Almost too tired to type, so xai cian, pengyoumen!

Sandy

1 comment:

  1. You arrived! I just got caught up on your posts!! I need to set it up to email to me because I've been bad at keeping up on my Reader. Anyway, have a great time and keep going on the Chinese so you can work at Hamline next year! Ha!

    ReplyDelete